Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hasbro Toy Coupons and Rebates 2010

Hasbro has released new coupons for toys here. They include Transformers, Nerf, Remote Control Iron Man, Monopoly UBuild, Gogo Walking Pup and Baby Alive Care for Me Doll. Some may be good for after-Christmas sales as as none of them expire until 1/15/2011.
This week, you can combine the $3.00 'Monopoly U-Build' game ($14.99 on sale) coupon with the promotion at Toys R Us when you spend $35 in Hasbro games they'll give you a $10 gift card, PLUS the $3.00 mail-in-rebate they're offering here. That's TRIPLE dipping! (I just noticed they revised the rebate form to include more games and delete others here.) You should make sure your after-coupon price is $35 in order to qualify for the $10 card back. Even if you choose not to spend extra money on other games, your cost for Monopoly U Build is still only $8.99 plus tax (assuming you purchase it at the sale price this week and use the first rebate form).
There were/also are some Qpons on the back of some Kellogs cereal boxes. I had no idea until I read someone else's post and lo-and-behold, up in the massive stash we have of sale and coupon cereal, I found 2 oversize boxes (Frosted Mini Wheats and Froot Loops) we had gotten at Market Basket's grand opening which contained a coupon on the back of each box for $5.00 off a $19.99 Hasboro board game purchase. Idk if you can use both coupons in the same transaction, as the cereal box coupon clearly states 'not to be used in conjunction with any other offers.'
Make sure to take note your gift card won't be good for 6 hours until after your original purchase. Idk if this is a new policy, but it really pissed me off ! yesterday when I had my whole scenario of shopping down-pat and was forced to hold off because I couldn't automatically 'roll over' my so-called "gift" card into my next purchase. I wish I had the time to write a letter to Toys R Us because I completely hate them for making me waste my time and gas money to go back to the store to use something they term a "gift" card, but which isn't really a gift if it comes with conditions. I think it's a deceptive, unfair and arbitrary practice! Moreover it's just an excuse for them to "lead" me back to the store to spend more money. Time is on their side because chances are some people will lose out on the gift card purchase because they didn't intend to go back and they'll forget about it (expires 12/31 I think), going back won't be worth the $10, or they'll lose the darn thing in the craziness of the holiday hoopla and Toys R Us will pocket the money. It's a trick and I don't like it! Halloween is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment